Sunday, April 26, 2009

Evangelization, Polish Dominican style

Some reading this blog know that from the Summer of 2003 to February, 2008, I was a Dominican--a member of the Order of Preachers. I was a student brother in simple (temporary) religious vows until God, through a painful discernment process, let me know that what I had originally thought was a lifelong calling to Dominican life, was in fact a temporary calling. I departed the community on good terms in 2008 and am blessed to count my former brothers as friends. In a different though still significant way I see us as continuing brothers in St. Dominic. I will always be deeply stamped by my 4 1/2 years as a Dominican and consider this time of my life as a great blessing for which I am very grateful to God. Though I am no longer a Dominican brother, I still love the Dominicans and much about Dominican life! [My former classmates--truly excellent men--will be ordained to the holy priesthood next month (but for one who was ordained last year)! Please pray for them.]

The charism of the Dominicans is to go out into the world and preach the truth about God and man for the salvation of souls. So, on the topic of things Dominican, here is an excellent example in video form of how the Polish Dominicans (wonderful men of God, and blessed with vocations) approach evangelizing the contemporary culture. Even if you don't speak Polish (I don't), you can still get a very good idea of what the Polish brothers want to communicate with this creative and thought-provoking music video.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for civil and well-considered comments!